Easily Embed Z-Wave Into Your Products
Prototype. Refine. Launch.
Sigma Designs’ Z-Wave Embedded Development Kit brings you all the hardware and software tools you’ll need to embed Z-Wave technology into your product designs. The development kit includes sample embedded applications for quick prototyping, Z-Wave protocol sniffer tools for analyzing and resolving issues, and Z-Wave RF modules for quickly building prototypes.
EMBEDDED DEV KIT INCLUDES:
- Access to download center for complete Z-Wave protocol stack and API function
- Versatile development module for easy hardware prototyping
- Application Framework included for fast application prototyping (Sample Code Libraries)
- Real-time Z-Wave Zniffer included for frame flow
- Developer-friendly instructions, user guides, application notes, and more
- One kit covers all Z-Wave regions
- Comes with license to use Z-Wave technology world-wide
- Access to protocol SDK
- All hardware needed to develop embedded Z-Wave applications
- Z-Wave end devices such as door locks, lights, sensors, and thermostats
Dev Kit Hardware and Software for Embedded Z-Wave
Z-Wave Base Kit
What’s in the box? The Z-Wave Base Kit includes the development platform boards, power supply units, cables, and accessories — everything you’ll need to program Z-Wave modules with a Z-Wave application that works with more than 1700 products worldwide.
Hardware in the Base Kit
- 4 x ZDP03A — Z-Wave development platform
- 4 x Flexi antenna — Antennas for ZDB5xxx
- 4 x USB cable — To connect to ZDP03A
- 1 x Battery pack — To make ZDP03A portable
- 4 x Power supply unit — For ZDP03A
- 1 x UZB-S — USB stick network-sniffer
- 1 x Getting Started with Z-Wave
- 4 x ZM5101
Z-Wave Regional Kit
The Z-Wave Regional Kits are available in three frequency variants and consist of Z-Wave reference design modules that are RF-matched for specific regions. The Regional Kits also include samples that allow for easy prototype development.
Three Regional Kits
Europe* (E), USA* (U), Japan* (H) each containing:
- 2 x ZDB5101
- 2 x ZDB5202
- 1 x ZDB5304
- 1 x UZB — USB stick static controller
- 4 x ZM5202
- 4 x ZM5304
* may be re-programmed to support additional countries see full list
Z-Wave Protocol SDK
The Z-Wave Protocol SDK is available for download on the Z-Wave Technical Site (ZTS). Access is included with the Z-Wave Embedded Development Kit. From the ZTS, developers can access technical documentation, developer’s FAQs, known issues database, and more.
- Embedded sample applications
- Z-Wave Plus Application Framework
- Development tools
- Z-Wave Programmer
- Z-Wave Zniffer
- Build environments
- All necessary tools to build your Z-Wave application
Z-Wave Protocol Development
Z-Wave Protocol SDK
The Z-Wave Protocol Developer’s Kit (SDK) has been designed to help developers create Z-Wave-enabled products in an exceptionally fast and cost-effective manner. The software consists of Z-Wave libraries that support controller and slave devices, as well as sample code for a broad range of home automation applications.
Along with the SDK, licencees receive access to network sniffer tools and additional tools to assist you in assessing and optimizing RF performance.
Z-Wave Plus Application Framework
Developing firmware for latest Z-Wave products is extremely simple, thanks to the Z-Wave Plus Application Framework. The Application Framework provides sample code for many common devices, plus a modular library of robust, field-tested code that can be readily re-used. The Application Framework helps eliminate errors and minimizes the need for custom coding. The process of creating new Z-Wave applications is streamlined, typically taking less than a week or two for most new devices.
- Windows 7 or higher
- Keil PK51 ver 9.53